April 16, 2017

Week 12 Reflection

The twitter session really challenged me this week to get actual evidence. I had to spend more time to have some more formal evidence to guide my instruction versus what I just know where my students are at by questioning. I am not finished with my unit because of starting late so this week the students will work on their performance task. I am nervous with how students will do for the performance task considering we don't do assessments like this very often in my class. With this said, I know what I have for them is valuable to their learning and is a real application to what they have learned.

In Gerald's blog, I was reminded how another way to differentiate learning is letting students pick what type of problems to do in homework assignments. In my next assignment I will have them pick what method they prefer more and have them do this method but must do the other method once. Then the students will have to explain why.

From reading Jim's and Jule's blog posts, I am starting to hear more and more about Prodigy. I think I will look into how this can support this class specifically in the future. I have been told that Prodigy provides many game-like elements to the classroom and students are learning without the feeling of inadequacy. This is definitely a program my Pre-Algebra students need.

This week has been a struggle in putting together my blog post because of non-classroom related happenings at the school. My principal forgot to observe me in February so we quickly had to get my second observation done this week. This was a bit stressful. Now I am looking forward to getting all of my evidence together and showing growth of students through the differentiated instruction done in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment