May 28, 2017

EDET 677 Mech App Week 2 Reflection

First thing first, I totally messed up and forgot about our brief meeting on Wednesday. I had some coworkers who were leaving and not coming back to the school next year that I ended up spending time with after school and took them to the airport. I have begun setting alarms for myself so that I am reminded at the beginning of the day and one hour before class begins. I need to email our professor and see what meeting times were set up for this week. Which reminds me, this week I am in Valdez for a math teachers course so I hope to meet for all meetings but I will definitely reading the material and posting on blogs.

This week I really enjoyed thinking about how tinkering, hard play, and growth mindsets connect because my Superintendent has had a focus on growth mindset this year. At the beginning of the year he gave every staff member a copy of Carol Dweck's book so that we can keep on recognizing that all students can learn and might learn through what some people might think, failure. The connection between tinkering and growth mindset will be a great start in presenting to my district how having a makerspace will benefit our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment