July 2, 2017

EDET 678 Emerge Tech Week 7 Reflection

This week we had two Twitter meeting sessions and it was great how much I learned from these. Earlier in the week we learned about an interactive website called Padlet that gives students the chance to put up a "post-it" about whatever topic is being asked about. Users can comment on each others posts and it is a great way to share information. I have seen this before but have never used it in my classes. I think I will use it in my French class as a way to begin different topics. I teach French 1 again next year which is exciting because you get to see why students want to learn a language and why French. I will have students post using Padlet. The other topic we covered this week was digital citizenship. I loved the questions that were asked because they forced me to think about who should set the standards for digital citizenship. I found that it is very important to talk about what is appropriate online and using technology. Even though I am a math teacher, I do feel the need to talk to students about what is appropriate on social media.

I loved looking at the potentials of 3D printing in our world and in our educational world. Honestly, I think it is necessary to at least introduce 3D printing to our students so that it is easier for them to get used to when it becomes very important to our every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment