July 16, 2017

EDET 678 Emerge Tech Week 9 Reflection

This week's conversation about Genius Hour was fun to see what I would be interested in to learn on my own time. It gave me a great outlook on how positive a Genius Hour can be if students take on a project that is meaningful to them. By the end of the conversation though, I found it would be difficult to hold a Genius Hour in my math classes. I would like all of my time to be focused on the subject that I teach them rather than something they pick outside of the subject. As I am typing this though, I feel terrible thinking that my subject I teach them is more important than a subject my students want to learn or passionate about. I will definitely be thinking about this more and more as the summer progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment