November 13, 2016

EDET674 Virtual Teaching/Learning Week 10 Reflection

This week I was able to stress the fact that professional development is very important in the changing world of education that we are in. My classmates seemed to agree with this and suggested ways that we can have this development whether it be actual courses, sharing with colleagues our knowledge, or having the district provide it. Something that I didn't think of but is so true that Dan brought up is that change is frequently shut down in education. The system has been one way for so long and as soon as someone wants or strives to change in response to the world's change, there is someone always there to shut it down or have a critique they need to put in.

I am feeling good about my online course that we are creating. After sharing with Sara and seeing her rubrics of assessment I knew what direction I needed to take my and have to revamp it quite a bit. Again like I said before, I am not comfortable with rubrics but this process is helping me grow as a teacher which is the goal of change!

No comments:

Post a Comment