October 22, 2017

EDET 636 Impact of Tech Week 7 Reflection

Gerald gave me a great source to have non-biased questions and observations in research of mathematic classrooms. I looked at the resource he provided and I think I can get better questions that have no bias that is connected to the engagement of students in the mathematics classroom.

It seemed with Gerald, myself, and Josie that unbiased opinions in observations is very important for us when observing students. I am interested in seeing how my classmates overcome the bias that we have as teachers when we are implementing our action research.

This week I was able to catch up on the material of the classroom. I got a few weeks behind. I look forward to implementing my action research plan. Actually I have begun with my beginning survey of how students feel about Math Review (RTI) especially when it comes to engagement of students. I collected the data of assessments to see if students are retaining the skills. The students also have begun working on IXL for RTI mid last week so that I can begin seeing students interact with the program. So far, I have good feedback from the students and from the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment