June 6, 2017

EDET 677 Mech App Week 3 Reflection

Building our robot to make sound was great! I had never done anything like this. It was a little bit awkward to do this together over Google Hangout but I just think I need to get used to some silence where everyone is working. The one part that I found interesting is that if we are missing a piece or we accidentally break something, then its difficult to rig something together to be able to continue with the building. I really liked how we got to code but it is a bummer that we don't really look at what each line means and does. Maybe it does a bit more in the book but it would be great if we talked about it in class.

My classmates had some great points to make about struggling students and I really appreciate how most said that each student is different therefore we can't say a blanket statement of how much they should struggle in class. When it comes to coding, there have been many times my students were struggling and then became frustrated. I reminded them that we are all learning and one little mistake will mess up the whole thing but we are capable of finding that mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment