June 6, 2017

EDET 678 Emerge Tech Week 3 Reflection

I missed class for twitter therefore I did not add into the conversation. With that said, project based learning is very interesting to me. When students apply their learning to a certain goal or project, then they learn with more motivation because they have an ending goal. I definitely think it can be applied cross curriculum. It is daunting when thinking about setting up a class like that. For me to really feel comfortable with project based learning I would need to see how the standards and content of the class fit in to the project. This can be a lot of information to figure out.

I was surprised by how many of my classmates preferred a flipped classroom over genius hour and MOOCs. I am very passionate about MOOCs and I think its because I have seen it work in my own classroom. Flipped classrooms seem too daunting for my students at school and honestly, for myself because of making videos and/or finding videos to connect to each piece of content. I like the idea of Faux Flip by having a soft assignment of learning something before class so that we can do lots of practice in school. I think I will start trying this and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment