June 12, 2017

EDET 678 Emerge Tech Week 4 Reflection

Last week I lead the discussion during our Twitter session about coding. I was able to present to the class the website called code.org. It seems that my classmates enjoyed playing with the website and working through the curriculum that is presented. It was a great learning experience for me as a teacher because I found out that I can't just assign a lesson but students lead themselves through the lessons themselves. It was a bit difficult to ask my classmates to go to code.org and then come back to Twitter to talk about what they have discovered.

Makerspaces are a great way to connect with students. My classmates brought some great concepts in light about how the community involved with makerspaces are very inclusive and students work with each other to make the products. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment