October 9, 2016

EDET674 Virtual Teaching/Learning Week 5 Reflection

This week I was the group leader for our class to learn about online course design. Last weekend I sent out an email of an outline of the hopes to prepare for the class and my team was very responsive. I came to our planning meeting prepared with a fairly put together idea of how we could present the information, create communication between students, and activities to do during class. Both of my teammates brought ideas and helped strengthen my own ideas to be a very well planned out class time. I feel like the class time went really well and timing did get changed but I felt like I was able to change plans in order to compensate for this running lateness.

In the blogs this week I felt like I was able to help students make a connection to a very tangible and plausible situations of teaching in an online course. I think that we as teachers might have to teach a course that is already put together. If this is the case, we will need to have the chance to manipulate the course as we want to in order to have high participation in the courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment