October 23, 2016

EDET679 Gamification Week 7 Reflection

This week I really dropped the ball when it came to doing my blog post. I had so much going on with this class (presenting Google Cardboard at the beginning of the week), my other class (OLTAK: presenting also!), and teaching (all my math classes needed way more support than usual) that I thought I had my blog post finished and posted already. I was busy Friday and Saturday all day helping with ACT proctoring and at the wrestling matches that I didn't realize until today, Sunday, that I did not post my blog for Gamification class. I see how this is not okay because the blogs is one of the main ways we collaborate and communicate between students. I apologize but posted it today and commented on others. I am starting to notice that my classmates and I are really beginning to embrace gamification in the classroom but maybe more at a core that education needs to be different than what it has been for the last 100+ years. This scares me honestly but I am happy to be able to listen to what my classmates have to say of which helps me figure out what I want to say about education changing and more specifically, the role of gamification in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment