October 16, 2016

EDET679 Gamification Week 6 Reflection

This week was exciting for me to get into looking at the different type of gamers that my students and my peers may or may not be. The reason is I like looking into the personality, motivation, and characteristics of my students. I firmly believe if I understand or know what types of activities motivate more, I will use these activities to the best of my abilities! I was able to connect this to not only gamer types but also learning styles and other ways of labeling our students to help with educating them. I was impressed with my classmates reflections of what gamer they are. A handful of my classmates didn't identify themselves as a gamer but somewhat agreed with what gamer type they got. This was exactly how I feel. I thought to help the students who feel the same way, I could provide a game for them to play whether it be one they know or not as long as they are interested. By having these "non-gamers" play a game and asking them to be mindful and thinking about what they like, these students can figure out a bit better on what gamer type they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment